Webmaster/Programmer Wanted: Petraband.com

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
ezequiel
Pethead
Pethead

Post by ezequiel » Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:07 pm

All for free of course...
0 x

Vic
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Vic » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:37 am

Wow. That would be great. I was wondering, in addition to having several Petheads pulling together to work on the site, how about creating a multi-themed site.

This is coz each of has a memory of Petra which we cherish. Some of us belong to the 80's Petra, others are still in the Beyond Belief era, others in God Fixation era and yet others in J & H e.t.c.

By having different themes with album graphics that relate to that period and era of Petra, our experience to the site can be enriched. Users can then have the option to customise the site to their theme of preference on access by using cookies or by login.

It would be a really smashing site!!!!
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:38 pm

It's a cool idea... but a lot of work co-ordinating it all.

I can run this past Bob if you're all really serious - he owns the domain name.

Eze, are you willing to be the 'main person' in charge?

What about the host server and paying for that?
0 x

ezequiel
Pethead
Pethead

Post by ezequiel » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:02 pm

It's a cool idea... but a lot of work co-ordinating it all.
yes, is a big and good idea, the cordination and responsability here is the most important thing.
I can run this past Bob if you're all really serious - he owns the domain name.
Yes, the domain is important, but not for all... im really serious, this is the first time that the fans make all togheter and put like official for a band
Eze, are you willing to be the 'main person' in charge?
This is important, iam responsable for my things, but this is a project in group, if we are 4 guys working in a different area, and one don�t work, all is down... i think that we need first look who are available to work here for free and with responsability, and put to two people in charge.
What about the host server and paying for that?
For my part, i can offerer the design and ideas, and yes, we need these part, if are people that can pay a part of the host, is good... is the less that we can make for the band...

I remember www.petrafanclub.com the idea is make a site with html, php or asp, css and where the people can post comments in the albums, pics... etc...
As i say, is a idea... for me is serious...
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:13 pm

Maybe you should ask and see who else is really serious.

Jim at Interwurx is no longer available, but maybe there are others.

It's up to you!
0 x

ezequiel
Pethead
Pethead

Post by ezequiel » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:58 pm

Maybe you should ask and see who else is really serious.
As i say, this is an idea, i need people to make this, if Jim is not available, im shure that many other are ready, willing and able to make this... im one.

If u want sue, why don�t start a new post with the idea... (u have better english) we need:
Developer in, PHP & MYSQL or ASP (this is really important, MUCH)
Graphic Designer
Web Designer (im one... but, two or MORE are better than one 8) )
0 x

gman
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Location: Used to be Grand Rapids, MI after leaving the beautiful beaches of NJ. Now it's PA.

website

Post by gman » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:12 am

Just thinking to myself: Aren't there already sites that give us a comprehensive history of Petra? That seems like an awful big task, that really is already been done. I'm not sure what Bob envisioned for the site. I'm guessing he wanted to see something modern and up to date. There are professional companies that cater to the music business and do awesome sites, but the cost is probably not justified given that Petra is no longer active. For those that are interested in doing the site, why don't you work together and come up with something for Bob to look at. If you create a working copy on your local drive and zip up all the folders and files, it can be easily distributed for anyone to look at and comment. I'm sure using the Petraband name is not something Bob takes lightly.

Something I think should definitely be on the site is Petra radio.
Bluehost.com seems like a pretty good deal, if you're looking for hosting options. 600GB of storage and 6000GB/month of transfer, plus a huge long list of other stuff. The cost is $7 a month if you pay for 2 years up front, or $8/month if you pay for one year. Shorter terms come with a setup fee.
It says they give you unlimited domains. Maybe it's an option to consolidate Petra, John's site, and the board into one account. I don't know how much bandwidth per month all of those would take up.

Just some thoughts.
GMan
0 x

ezequiel
Pethead
Pethead

Post by ezequiel » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:47 pm

If good idea, but we need fusionar the works... i can work in the design or another guy, but we need for somebody more that work in the development with php.
We need a personalisable panel for admin users, and make a lot of things... is not to easy make a website, because all are in differents parts of the world... but, this is not impossible too... :roll:
0 x

gman
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Location: Used to be Grand Rapids, MI after leaving the beautiful beaches of NJ. Now it's PA.

well...

Post by gman » Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:34 pm

maybe someone with good graphic design skills needs to come to the table first. I'm not that guy though. I have done some websites and sometimes what I like to is use mspaint, or some other drawing program, as a story board. I'll piece together graphics, pictures, text, etc. to get an idea of what the finished product will look like. Then I go back and create the individual graphics and start building the page. Someone with good design skills could be given a list of what will b on the site. They could come up with the overall design and graphics. Then it would be up to people with programming and site building skills to put it all together.

It might help also to build a list of other artist and band websites that you think are cool to give some idea of what you are shooting for.
0 x