Bands and their scripture references

A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
User avatar
Diehardpetrafan:)
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Posts: 737
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:16 pm
#1 Album: Back to the street
Pethead since: 1986
Location: Echo, Minnesota
x 301

Bands and their scripture references

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:13 am

Hey! I got an idea when I was looking through my Bible at all the bands names I had written next to a verses. Not all bands will have references but most will I'm sure! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Let the list begin!
WhiteHeart-Psalm 51:10
Shout-Psalm 33:1, 2
Resurrection Band-Matthew 28:5-6
Stryper-Isaiah 53:5
DC Talk-Ephesians 4:29
Fear Not-Isaiah 35:4a, 41:10, 13
Note: Here is an easy place to find a verse for pretty much whatever you want https://www.openbible.info/topics/
If you think a verse goes with a band, post a reply, and DON'T write the verse's text out, just it's reference- it'll help me & perhaps others to actually look in their Bibles more :P Thanks ❤️
Last edited by Diehardpetrafan:) on Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
0 x
Image
I need Video Logic; I need Remote Control; I need Viewer Discretion- let God take control, woah

User avatar
Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Posts: 1279
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2003 9:11 pm
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1983
x 178

Re: Bands and their scripture references

Post by Mountain Man » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:32 am

It took me a long time to figure out that the band name "Third Day" was a reference to Jesus rising from the dead on the third day. I used to think it was a reference to the third day of creation, and I wondered why they thought the creation of land and plants was so significant!

Why, yes, sometimes I do have trouble seeing the obvious. :lol:
1 x

User avatar
Diehardpetrafan:)
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Posts: 737
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:16 pm
#1 Album: Back to the street
Pethead since: 1986
Location: Echo, Minnesota
x 301

Re: Bands and their scripture references

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:08 pm

:lol: That's how I am, though! It took me forever to realize that Barren Cross meant the cross was empty! :lol:
2 x
Image
I need Video Logic; I need Remote Control; I need Viewer Discretion- let God take control, woah

brenthandy
Pethead
Pethead
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue May 07, 2019 10:42 pm
x 37

Re: Bands and their scripture references

Post by brenthandy » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:18 pm

I am still looking for the verse for the Kiss lyric from On the 8th Day, "On the eighth day, God created rock and roll..."
1 x

George Harrison
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Posts: 439
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:52 pm
#1 Album: Back to the Rock
x 114

Re: Bands and their scripture references

Post by George Harrison » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:22 pm

brenthandy wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:18 pm
I am still looking for the verse for the Kiss lyric from On the 8th Day, "On the eighth day, God created rock and roll..."
I'm sure you will find it in the same place God creates the unicorns
1 x
'You've got no place to run!'

User avatar
Diehardpetrafan:)
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Posts: 737
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:16 pm
#1 Album: Back to the street
Pethead since: 1986
Location: Echo, Minnesota
x 301

Re: Bands and their scripture references

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:45 pm

😂 Well, I guess "God gave rock n roll to you!" :lol:
1 x
Image
I need Video Logic; I need Remote Control; I need Viewer Discretion- let God take control, woah

User avatar
sickasadog
Pethead
Pethead
Posts: 168
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:50 pm
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1984
x 72

Re: Bands and their scripture references

Post by sickasadog » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:39 pm

Diehardpetrafan:) wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:08 pm
:lol: That's how I am, though! It took me forever to realize that Barren Cross meant the cross was empty! :lol:
Just learned this by reading your post. I'd never really given it any thought before I guess :lol:
2 x

User avatar
Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Posts: 1279
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2003 9:11 pm
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1983
x 178

Re: Bands and their scripture references

Post by Mountain Man » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:59 pm

brenthandy wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:18 pm
I am still looking for the verse for the Kiss lyric from On the 8th Day, "On the eighth day, God created rock and roll..."
The Bible talks about the rocks crying out, so close enough?
2 x

George Harrison
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Posts: 439
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:52 pm
#1 Album: Back to the Rock
x 114

Re: Bands and their scripture references

Post by George Harrison » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:27 pm

sickasadog wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:39 pm
Diehardpetrafan:) wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:08 pm
:lol: That's how I am, though! It took me forever to realize that Barren Cross meant the cross was empty! :lol:
Just learned this by reading your post. I'd never really given it any thought before I guess :lol:
I never thought of that either :roll: , thanks for telling us
1 x
'You've got no place to run!'

User avatar
Diehardpetrafan:)
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Posts: 737
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:16 pm
#1 Album: Back to the street
Pethead since: 1986
Location: Echo, Minnesota
x 301

Re: Bands and their scripture references

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:20 pm

Mountain Man wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:59 pm
brenthandy wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:18 pm
I am still looking for the verse for the Kiss lyric from On the 8th Day, "On the eighth day, God created rock and roll..."
The Bible talks about the rocks crying out, so close enough?
Hey yeah that's a pretty good idea on it!
0 x
Image
I need Video Logic; I need Remote Control; I need Viewer Discretion- let God take control, woah

User avatar
Diehardpetrafan:)
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Posts: 737
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:16 pm
#1 Album: Back to the street
Pethead since: 1986
Location: Echo, Minnesota
x 301

Re: Bands and their scripture references

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:21 pm

George Harrison wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:27 pm
sickasadog wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:39 pm
Diehardpetrafan:) wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:08 pm
:lol: That's how I am, though! It took me forever to realize that Barren Cross meant the cross was empty! :lol:
Just learned this by reading your post. I'd never really given it any thought before I guess :lol:
I never thought of that either :roll: , thanks for telling us
Lol, no problem guys!
1 x
Image
I need Video Logic; I need Remote Control; I need Viewer Discretion- let God take control, woah

User avatar
zman7720000
Pethead
Pethead
Posts: 256
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:22 pm
#1 Album: CITAS
Pethead since: 1989
x 25

Re: Bands and their scripture references

Post by zman7720000 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:30 pm

George Harrison wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:22 pm
brenthandy wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:18 pm
I am still looking for the verse for the Kiss lyric from On the 8th Day, "On the eighth day, God created rock and roll..."
I'm sure you will find it in the same place God creates the unicorns
10 But my horn shalt thou exalt like the horn of an unicorn: I shall be anointed with fresh oil.
Psalm 92:10 King James Version (KJV)
2 x
"Ya take a bath each Sunday, if you need it or not
And ya go to work on Monday even when it's hot"

George Harrison
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Posts: 439
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:52 pm
#1 Album: Back to the Rock
x 114

Re: Bands and their scripture references

Post by George Harrison » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:25 pm

zman7720000 wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:30 pm
George Harrison wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:22 pm
brenthandy wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:18 pm
I am still looking for the verse for the Kiss lyric from On the 8th Day, "On the eighth day, God created rock and roll..."
I'm sure you will find it in the same place God creates the unicorns
10 But my horn shalt thou exalt like the horn of an unicorn: I shall be anointed with fresh oil.
Psalm 92:10 King James Version (KJV)
I was unaware of that verse until now. Some say the Bible was referring to a single horned rhinoceros
https://creationtoday.org/why-does-the- ... -unicorns/
0 x
'You've got no place to run!'

User avatar
Diehardpetrafan:)
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Posts: 737
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:16 pm
#1 Album: Back to the street
Pethead since: 1986
Location: Echo, Minnesota
x 301

Re: Bands and their scripture references

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:16 pm

Duuude really? Actually I think my mom said it was probably Rhinos but idk :lol:
0 x
Image
I need Video Logic; I need Remote Control; I need Viewer Discretion- let God take control, woah

User avatar
Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Posts: 1279
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2003 9:11 pm
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1983
x 178

Re: Bands and their scripture references

Post by Mountain Man » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:42 am

zman7720000 wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:30 pm
George Harrison wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:22 pm
brenthandy wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:18 pm
I am still looking for the verse for the Kiss lyric from On the 8th Day, "On the eighth day, God created rock and roll..."
I'm sure you will find it in the same place God creates the unicorns
10 But my horn shalt thou exalt like the horn of an unicorn: I shall be anointed with fresh oil.
Psalm 92:10 King James Version (KJV)
Because everything in the Bible is meant to be taken strictly literally, especially the poetic and metaphorical language used in the book of Psalms, am I right? :P
1 x

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests